Generating income through fundraising helps us to continue to provide a service that is affordable and to have a fleet of buses that are reliable and comfortable. There are many ways to show your personal support for hoppa. Here are a couple of ways you may wish to help.
Shop for hoppa
If you shop online this year, did you know that your purchases could raise funds for hoppa and it won’t cost you a penny extra?
Amazon Smile is operated by Amazon and lets you enjoy the same selection of products that you find on amazon.co.uk but with one difference. Every time you shop on smile.amazon.co.uk, Amazon Smile will donate 0.5% of the net purchase price of eligible items to your favourite charity. It’s free and easy to set up your account and the donation is made at no extra cost to you. Visit smile.amazon.co.uk and select the charity that you would like to support – obviously, we would delighted if you chose us! You can change your charity at any time.
Visit Amazon Smile for more information or to start shopping.
Give as you Live
Give as you Live is an award-winning fundraising platform for UK charities. Here’s how you can use it to raise money for hoppa:
- Sign up for free with Give as you Live by visiting www.giveasyoulive.com/join/hoppa
- You’ll be asked for your name and email address and to set a password. You can choose to opt out of receiving marketing emails from Give as you Live.
- Once you have registered, you can browse over 4,200 stores that have signed up to be involved. You’ll find popular big-name stores such as Sainsbury’s, ebay, Boots, Amazon, M&S, Debenhams, Argos, Tesco and John Lewis.
- Visit the store you wish to shop at via the Give as you Live website and then shop as normal.
- For every purchase you make, the store pays Give as you Live a percentage of your total purchase price in commission. Of this, 50 per cent will be passed onto your chosen charity. Give as you Live will email you within 1-7 days to let you know how much you’ve raised.
The Big Give
We are currently raising money for two projects via an online donation service called The Big Give.
The first project aims to raise £10,000 so we can install a hydraulic tail lift and fold out steps to one of our existing buses. Doing this will make another of our buses fully accessible for people using a wheelchair or travelling with a pushchair.
The second project is to fit vehicle navigation systems to our fleet of 30 buses. The nature of hoppa means our routes change on a daily basis. Making use of technology will make our journeys more efficient, reduce our impact on the environment, improve road safety for all road users and reduce fuel so we can keep costs down.
This project is an investment in our future and we need to raise £9,400 to make it happen.
If you would like to support either of these projects with a donation, please visit https://secure.thebiggive.org.uk/charity/view/66711
Give your old car to hoppa
If you have a car that you no longer need or want, and you would like to free up some valuable storage space, we have a solution.
We have teamed up with Giveacar which is a free and easy service that allows you to donate your old or unwanted vehicle to hoppa.
Giveacar can arrange to have your vehicle picked up at a time to suit you. Your car will be sold at auction or scrapped in an environmentally friendly way. A donation will be made to hoppa based on the value of the scrap or the auction price. Giveacar will send you a receipt so you know how much your car raised for hoppa.
If you have a question or you would like to donate your old car, visit Giveacar or call them on 020 7736 4242 and quote ‘Waverley Hoppa Community Transport’ as your chosen charity.